January is Cervical Health Awareness Month. To that end, The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) boldly proclaims “No woman should die of cervical cancer.” Yes, that is actually possible!
This post has a rather simple message. Cervical cancer is entirely preventable. Furthermore, it can be cured when discovered and treated early.
Here are some quick tips to help you check this off of your list of concerns.
- Every child should get vaccinated at age 11 or 12. Even if you’ve reached age 26 and haven’t been vaccinated, you should discuss options with your physician.
- Get screened, starting at age 21. This is the most important thing you can do to help prevent cervical cancer.
- The Pap test (or smear) should be performed regularly at age 21. It looks for precancerous changes to the cervix that identify the need for early treatment. In many cases a normal test will eliminate the need for another test for the next three years, but your physician will discuss your individual circumstances in this regard.
- The HPV test looks for the virus that is now known to be the cause of cervical cancer. Furthermore, human papillomavirus (HPV) is sexually transmitted. The HPV test can be done at the same time as the Pap test from the same examination.
Hopefully knowing these simple tools will convince you to focus on preventing and managing your cervical health. This is a public health success story in that cervical cancer could be eliminated if everyone followed the above steps. The rest is up to you.
- This additional Straight, No Chaser post discusses the prevention strategy that could eliminate in total cervical cancer. Read it for details.
- This Straight, No Chaser post shares news regarding the success of the vaccine in reducing the rates of HPV infection and cervical cancer. Read it for details.
Ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic. Also, take the #72HoursChallenge, and join the community. Additionally, as a thank you, we’re offering you a complimentary 30-day membership at www.72hourslife.com. Just use the code #NoChaser, and yes, it’s ok if you share!
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s books There are 72 Hours in a Day: Using Efficiency to Better Enjoy Every Part of Your Life and The 72 Hours in a Day Workbook: The Journey to The 72 Hours Life in 72 Days at Amazon or at www.jeffreysterlingbooks.com. Another free benefit to our readers is introductory pricing with multiple orders and bundles!
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK. Likewise, please share our page with your friends on WordPress! Also like us on Facebook @ ! Follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright © 2013-2019 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress