Jeffrey E. Sterling, MD, MPH, FACEP is a physician, speaker, author, executive and international leader in community-based medicine, health care, and public health. He serves as President & CEO of Sterling Initiatives (SI), a healthcare consulting and implementation firm, assisting entities incorporate best practices.
SI has assisted health systems, health plans, state governments and medical practices in three-dozen states nationally. SI has gained particular notoriety for its work in creating “Centers of Excellence” among hospitals and other healthcare entities.
- Dr. Sterling has served on the Board of the Asthma & Allergy Foundation of America (Texas Chapter), the American Lung Association (Central States Region), and served three terms as Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Student National Medical Association indegenerique.be.
- Dr. Sterling served as Chairman of the DFW Minority Supplier Development Council’s Health Industry Group, and he serves as Chairman of the Health Industry Group for the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce. In these capacities, he has facilitated hundreds of business gaining connections with governments, corporations and other businesses.
- Dr. Sterling founded the Minority Association of Pre-Health Students, a national organization of medical and other health career aspirants, with chapters in approximately 300 colleges nationally.
- Dr. Sterling served two terms as President of the Northwestern University Black Alumni Association, during which time it was recognized as Northwestern Alumni Association Club of the Year.
- Dr. Sterling served as Chairman of the DFW Minority Business Council’s Health Industry Group, a consortium of over seventy healthcare business enterprises across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex.