National Condom Week and Your Guide to Safe Sex
This Straight, No Chaser acknowledges National Condom Week and provides you a guide to safe sex and condom use. We know you think this is a simple topic, and you’ve probably been using condoms for a very long time (hopefully). However, isn’t it worth getting your knowledge updated?
It’s no coincidence this occurs during the week containing Valentine’s Day! Wanna have a heart? Be smart!
Quick answers to quick questions!
How effective are condoms against pregnancy?
- If you use condoms perfectly every single time you have sex, they’re 98% effective at preventing pregnancy.
- Based on use averaging, that drops to about 85% effective. Unfortunately, about 15 out of 100 people who use condoms as their only birth control method will still get pregnant each year.
How effective are condoms against sexually transmitted infections (STIs)?
Condoms are the only methods of birth control that also help prevent the spread of sexually transmitted infections. This is a separate consideration from using condoms for preventing pregnancy. However, they must be used every time to have this benefit. It only takes one slip-up (or slip-off) to contact an STI.
How can I make condoms more effective?
- In a phrase: use them every time from start to finish.
- In another phrase: think condom plus. The plus would include another form of birth control in addition to condoms, such as bill control pills, IUD or one of the various shots.
How about female condoms?
- Watch this!
- No, you don’t need to use both a female condom with one over the penis. One or the other provides the same level of protection as does both.
- You shouldn’t use a condom worn on the penis together with a female condom. Condoms are designed to be used on their own, and doubling up won’t necessarily give you extra protection. One condom used correctly is all the protection you need.
- The Smart Condom for STI Prevention
- The Straight, No Chaser Comprehensive Safe Sex Guide
- HIV and STD Risks From Specific Acts of Sexual Intercourse
Since this is the week of Valentine’s Day, we’ll offer you this sweet extra!
Ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic. Also, take the #72HoursChallenge, and join the community. Additionally, as a thank you, we’re offering you a complimentary 30-day membership at www.72hourslife.com. Just use the code #NoChaser, and yes, it’s ok if you share!
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s books There are 72 Hours in a Day: Using Efficiency to Better Enjoy Every Part of Your Life and The 72 Hours in a Day Workbook: The Journey to The 72 Hours Life in 72 Days at Amazon or at www.jeffreysterlingbooks.com. Another free benefit to our readers is introductory pricing with multiple orders and bundles!
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK. Likewise, please share our page with your friends on WordPress! Also like us on Facebook @ SterlingMedicalAdvice.com! Follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright ©2013- 2019 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress