Straight No Chaser’s Guide to Completing New Year’s Resolutions
This Straight, No Chaser post is a guide to help you completing your New Year’s resolutions!
You call them New Year’s resolutions. We call it getting your health (and life) on a higher plane! Most resolutions involve healthy eating, exercise routines, smoking cessation and stress reduction. None of these endeavors are easy. All too often, they involve starts and stops with failure before success. It seems that the take-home messages are pretty clear.
- People choose these endeavors because they are the basics to preventing many illnesses and diseases and to enjoying a healthy life.
- Pursuing these efforts involves a lifestyle change. Quick fixes just won’t get it done, no matter how sexy or well-marketed the fad or gimmick is.
- Many of you had some success in the efforts you’re pursuing. Understand that difficulty, frustration and occasional setbacks are often part of the process. Fortunately, these setbacks don’t necessary define failure. Furthermore, they shouldn’t cause you to give up the pursuit of better health.
If you’re serious about turning your resolutions into completed actions, consider employing some tried and true strategies.
- Engage others such as friends and family in your quest. Let them know your goal. Empower them to support you and hold you accountable. Encourage them to join you.
- Plan your strategy. Write it down. Have benchmarks, check-ins and intermittent goals. These lofty goals can’t just be a passing fancy. These are difficult tasks and require a certain amount of serious planning on the front end and diligence along the way.
- Reward yourself. This effort can’t just be a chore and something that makes you miserable. This is a big deal and should be treated as such. Plan to celebrate your success, and make it a nice enough reward that its pursuit is worth the efforts you’re going through!
Your final take-home message is one we hope you realize by now. You don’t have to pursue these efforts alone. Your medical team should be engaged to help you in these endeavors as needed. However, if and when they aren’t, you have an additional team available to you 24/7 at www.jeffreysterlingmd.com and 844-SMA-TALK. We wish you the best in your pursuit of better health. Happy 2019!
Specific Blogs for Completing Your New Year’s Resolutions
From previous posts, here’s your guide to successfully completing your New Year’s Resolutions. Click the links!
1 – The Benefits of Exercise and Other Physical Activity
2 – Here are Steps for You to Take – Get Active!
3 – Do You Even Know How to Eat Healthy?
4 – Diet and Nutrition Tips
5 – Smoking Cessation
6 – Here’s How You Stop Smoking
7 – Why Stress Kills and Stress Management Saves Lives
8 – Your Personal Stress Management Plan
Ask your SMA expert consultant any questions you may have on this topic. Also, take the #72HoursChallenge, and join the community. Additionally, as a thank you, we’re offering you a complimentary 30-day membership at www.72hourslife.com. Just use the code #NoChaser, and yes, it’s ok if you share!
Order your copy of Dr. Sterling’s books There are 72 Hours in a Day: Using Efficiency to Better Enjoy Every Part of Your Life and The 72 Hours in a Day Workbook: The Journey to The 72 Hours Life in 72 Days at Amazon or at www.jeffreysterlingbooks.com. Another free benefit to our readers is introductory pricing with multiple orders and bundles!
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) and 844-SMA-TALK. Likewise, please share our page with your friends on WordPress! Also like us on Facebook @ ! Follow us on Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright © 2013-2019 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress