Straight, No Chaser: Sign Up For the Affordable Care Act – Today's the Deadline
Over 6 million of the previously 50 million American medically uninsured have already signed up for the Affordable Care Act (ACA aka Obamacare). Have you? Let’s consider this an open forum. Today is the deadline for signing up without penalty. It’s important that you realize what that means. I’m willing to answer any questions you have on signing up, penalties for not signing up and what it means to be enrolled. In the meantime, refer to these past Straight, No Chaser blogs and refer to the governmental site at www.healthcare.gov.
- Top Seven Facts You Should Know About the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare)
- Do You Know Where Your Affordable Care Act Health Insurance Exchanges Are? Your Top Ten Questions
- The Affordable Care Act and The Math of the US Healthcare System
I welcome any questions or comments. To get you started, here’s five quick points you should know.
- In order to sign up, go to www.healthcare/gov or call 1-800-318-2596.
- You can also buy policies directly from insurers. However, you won’t be eligible for premium tax credits that can reduce your costs. Those who purchase on the exchange and have an income between 100% and 400% of the poverty level may get tax credits to reduce their costs.
- If you fail to sign up, the fine is $95 or 1% of your income after $10,150 — whichever is higher — for a single person this year. However, that penalty increases over time and with the size of your family.
- To be eligible for health coverage through the ACA Marketplaces, you must live in the U.S. and be a U.S. citizen or national. You also can’t be in prison.
- The cost of insurance vary dramatically, based on your income and family size. Check www.healthcare.gov for details.
Good luck, and good healthy!
Please like and share our blog with your family and friends. We’re here for you 24/7 with immediate, personalized information and advice. Call your Personal Healthcare Consultant at 1-844-SMA-TALK or login to http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com.
Thanks for liking and following Straight, No Chaser! This public service provides a sample of what http://www.SterlingMedicalAdvice.com (SMA) offers. Please share our page with your friends on WordPress, Facebook @ SterlingMedicalAdvice.com and Twitter at @asksterlingmd.
Copyright © 2014 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress