Straight, No Chaser: Quick Tips to Detoxify Yourself Naturally
Here are 3-4 Quick Tips for each of the organs involved in naturally detoxifying you; I’ve limited what I’m giving you to do in the effort to make this manageable for you. I don’t think you’ll find anything here beyond your ability to implement into your routine. If you incorporate the items listed below, you’ll be well on your way to a healthier life.
Quick tips to naturally detox your skin:
- Diet: think fruits and vegetables, and cut back on refined sugar.
- Sweat: You know I prefer you exercise, but if you’re healthy enough, the sauna works too. Or you can just move to Texas in the summer.
- Exfoliation is a beautiful thing. There are dozens of ways to do it. Find one that works for you.
- Hydrate and moisturize. You spend too much time in the sun and lose too much water from your skin not to replenish (You get a bonus tip because your skin is such an important detox organ.).
Quick tips to naturally detox your lungs:
- Avoid inhaling cigarette and cigar smoke. Duh.
- Exercise makes your respiratory machinery more effective and efficient. Go for it.
- Learn to deep breathe. Take it in from your belly. Learn to breathe slowly and deeply. Yoga is a great complement to this.
Quick tips to naturally detox your kidneys:
- It’s all about fluids. Remember that your body is over 60% water, and you have to stay hydrated and keep flushing. I’ve discussed this previously but remember to get in at least 64 ounces of fluids a day.
- Learn about cranberries. Many of those urinary tract infections are successfully addressed by drinking cranberry juice.
- Remember that diabetes and high blood pressure are the most common causes of kidney disease. You want to detox your kidneys? Control your blood pressure and avoid/control diabetes.
Quick Tips to naturally detox your liver and intestines:
- Increase your water intake. Water makes your entire body function better but also softens your stools, facilitating transport.
- Increase your fiber intake. Fiber bulks your stools and makes it easier to expel.
- Decrease your alcohol intake. As everyone knows, alcohol will sufficiently damage your kidneys to the point where your body will be unable to eliminate many toxins. Liver disease is a very unpleasant experience and way to die.
It bears repeating: if all of this sound fundamental, it’s because it is. You have the ability to help yourself if you consistently apply basic health and wellness principles. You can do this.
Copyright © 2013 · Sterling Initiatives, LLC · Powered by WordPress